Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday thoughts

My Friday rambling thoughts. . .
my weekly bathroom mirror quote

My traditional hanging Easter Eggs.  I got all decorated for Easter last week.  I love this area of my house.  I hang all sorts of things here for different seasons.

I use fishing line.  I love fishing line!  At Halloween/Thanksgiving I hang mini pumpkins, at Christmas I hang ornaments.  Snowflakes for January, hearts for February.  I need to make me some clovers for March, and then my eggs for Easter.  I like decorating for holidays.  The kids think it is fun to see the different things up and it gets you excited for the season.

I read this book a few weeks ago.  Wow, it kept you guessing.  I thought it was very good and surprising how it ended.  I appreciate books that I can't see the ending right from the beginning or even half way or 3/4 of the way through.  This one kept me guessing till the very end.  It went back and forth in time with each chapter covering a girl's great-grandma's time, her grandma's time, and her time.  This is the first book I have read by this author, and I think I would like to read some more.  She is from Australia.

 I am currently reading this which is the first book in a trilogy and all 3 books are out--which I love.  I hate starting something and having to wait years for the next book (Hello Kristen Britain Green Rider series!)  This is a dystopia society novel set in what used to be the United States of America.  Sort of similar to Divergent and Hunger Games.  There are a lot of mysteries in trying to figure out who is really good in this Republic--who is right, who is wrong, and who do you side with?  A good read!  I am looking forward to the other 2.

Track season is in full swing.  We had 3 meets this week.  Next week we have 4.  Don't know how we are going to do that with everything else going on.  Having kids at different schools with different schedules is tough.  But we figured out only 5 weeks left of school.  5 weeks!!!!   If we can just make it though these next 5 weeks or 35 days of track meets, state voice solos, ACTs, piano competitions, piano recitals, state band performances, choir concerts, band fundraisers, band concerts and life in general--cooking, spelling lists, end of year reports, cleaning, 3 birthdays, church, eating, sleeping (but probably not as much as I would like) early morning seminary, end of the school year activities--then we are okay. ha.ha.  5 weeks--there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  I have to keep telling myself that and be grateful. 

Have a good week!  We are going on a date tomorrow night to see the new Captain American movie. I  am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment