Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday thoughts

My traditional random Friday thoughts. . .
My weekly bathroom mirror inspirational quote.

Spent a lot of time driving this week--like 10 hours straight in one day.  It was a beautiful day to drive, though.  I drove by this huge are of these wind generators.  I just think they are awesome looking.  They impress me.  I had no idea how huge they were until one day we were in the city and they had one wing on display.  It was amazingly huge.  

So grateful that I can just get in my car and drive where ever I want.  We have the freedom in this country to go, and that is a blessing I think we take for granted too much.  No papers, no guards, as you go from one part of the country to the other.  Thank you to the men and women who gave us that freedom and continue to work and sacrifice so we still do.  

Read this book recently.  I am a huge Jane Austen fan.  Love, love, love all her stuff.  This was a fun read.  Jane Austen was a prolific letter writer, and we assume journal writer although sadly none of these exits anymore and few of her letters also, and this fiction book is written as if it was Austen herself writing her own journal about her love affair.  I think any fan of Jane Austen really wishes Jane could have had a love like Mr Darcy or Mr Knightly, married and had a family.  It is one of literature's great loses that she died so young.  Anyway, a fun, fiction read that any fan of Austen would like.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I should tell you that I've copied your Friday Inspirational Thought Idea - except it's a quote wall - on the door to our garage. And I update it monthly - with about 4 or 5 quotes. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete