Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What's up Wednesday--pumpkin waffles


 We have had some cooler days.  Days where I have turned off the A/C and opened up the windows.  So nice.  Can't wait for fall!  So on one of those cooler days I got into a breakfast cooking mode.  I love pumpkin in anything, and I felt like I needed to invite fall all the way in by making pumpkin recipes.  I did my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and my pumpkin pancakes along with these pumpkin waffles.  One large 29 oz of pumpkin allows me to do a double recipe of the muffins and pancakes plus enough to make these waffles.  I put them all in the freezer to we are set for breakfast for at least a week :)  My mom sent me this recipe when I was a freshman in college.
Pumpkin Waffles

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup cooking oil

In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and sugar.

In another bowl mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin, and cooking oil.

Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture and mix well.  It is okay to leave a few lumps.

Cook in a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.

Serve with butter and syrup.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment