Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday thoughts


 My random Friday thoughts. . .
I think this is such good advice.  I think especially as women we hang onto things too long. When mistakes happen we need to right the wrong, and then move on.  Dwelling on it doesn't help anything, but like this says, "remember it enough enough so it doesn't happen again."  But the reality of being human beings is it will probably happen again, but be kind to yourself.  Learn from your mistakes, even if you make the same ones over and over and over.  I think so often, "I am not going to yell at/get frustrated with my kids."  But what do I seem to do everyday?  Yeah, yell/get frustrated at my kids.  But I notice, well, I didn't yell/get frustrated at them as much :) or I went a lot longer between yelling/frustrating times than I usually do.  Or I catch myself before I start to yell and think, "OK, breathe" then try to stay calm as I go forward.  Sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't. I am only human, but I keep trying, and I am grateful the Lord loves me no matter what and supports me in my trying and trying and trying to get it right. I am grateful for my kids who I really should not yell at or get frustrated with at all, but I still do.  They aren't perfect, and their mother is definitely not.  We are in this together to learn and grow and love each other, so that is what we try to do--sometimes we are better at it than other times, but the point is we keep trying.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment