Tuesday, March 27, 2012

2012 Blue Jeans Week 12

What a week, what a week!  I thought I was going to have lots of down time with 3 of my 4 kids gone most of the week, but that was not the case.  I drove over 1000 miles last week, and all of it in the rain.  We had spring break last week, and it rained.  every.  single.  day.  Needless to say, we were all happy to see the sun, and I was happy to leave my car in the garage for a few days and send the kids back to school.  Sadly this week started out on a sour note.  Mr J woke up with pink-eye Monday morning--went to the Dr., got the drops, then this morning when I thought I could send him to school, it is in the other eye.  Life is never dull :)  We are just grateful for the sunshine!!

Sunday:  Took my camera around my yard to get some photos of spring.  This is one of our red bud trees starting to bud. 

Monday:  Mr J is my youngest and only boy, and his room is the cleanest out of the 4 kids.  He is so good to remember to make his bed each morning.  He makes it very nicely and arranges all his animals and pillows on it by himself each day.  I think it is too cute, and I wish his older sisters would take a lesson from him :)

Tuesday:  These shoes have been required all week with our rain each day.  Mr J loves his rain boots.

Wednesday:  My youngest sister invited my kids to come stay spring break with her.  She lives about 5 hours away, thus the long driving I did taking them there and back (in the rain).  But they had a blast with her and her husband.  My sister took some pictures for me of their activities.  This was a playground by my sister's house that they played at each day.

Thursday:  Miss A was not able to go to my sister's because of some commitments she had at home.  Instead today we went to the city (more driving in the rain) and went to the art museum.  Monet's Waterlilies takes my breath away every time I see it.  Once I was able to see all 3 together.  That was amazing.  A rainy day spent in a art museum is always a good day :) or any day spent in an art museum is a good day I think.

Friday:  Happy Birthday to me!  Ben made me a lemon cheesecake (from scratch, not a mix) with a strawberry sauce he put on top.  It was divine. 

Saturday:  I went to a matinee of The Hunger Games with some friends today.  It was very good.  The book was better (isn't it always?), but I thought they did a good job with the movie.  Miss A went to the midnight showing on Thursday.  Fun stuff!  After I saw this picture I had to laugh with the fire around my head.   My friend said, "you're the girl on fire." 

Hope you all had a good week!  Thanks for stopping by!


Naptime Momtog

6 comments:

  1. What a great week- thanks so much for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Your cake looks so yummy. Yep--you've had lots of rain your way too. Boo! I love that first shot of the flower buds--amazing colors even before they are in full bloom. Your son needs to teach my boys a thing or two about how to keep their beds tidy. My youngest in particular is a hoarder when it comes to toys in his bed. Great shot of the kids on the playground--what a cute bunch of monkeys :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun photos! I'm so impressed that he makes his bed so neatly! I'm showing that to my kids ;)

    Sorry about the pink eye... that's no fun...or the long drive in the rain. Hope you get some sunny weather and time to relax ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! That cheesecake looks yummy:) lucky girl, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I am loving all your pictures! Those flower buds are so pretty. What a fun way to capture all that is going on around you. How fun that you an Miss A took a trip to the Art Museum! I love going there, but it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B-day Jen! We saw HG on the same night - loved it! Could not have pictured Katniss any differently - they did a wonderful job.

    And love the museum activity. Nothing beats that for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete