Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mouth-watering Wednesday--Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake

I love cake mix recipes.  They always taste so good, are easy, and work out well.  Simple, yummy, and easy is what mouth-watering Wednesdays are all about here.

I got this recipe from my mom.  She made it a lot when I was a kid. 

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
1 chocolate cake mix (German chocolate, devil's food, whatever) made according to cake directions.
Pour cake mix into greased jelly roll pan (I use the Pampered Chef bar pan.)

In your mixing bowl, combine
-1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
-1 egg
-1/4 cup sugar

Mix well then stir in 
-1/2 cup chocolate chips

"Plop" the cream cheese mix all over the cake and then stir/swirl gently in with a knife.

-you can top with more chocolate chips and nuts if desired. 

Bake according to cake mix directions for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Enjoy! 
Yum!


1 comment: