Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mouth-watering Wednesday--pork roast

As I have mentioned before I am a simple cook, a hamburger and boneless, skinless chicken breast cook.  I occasionally do a pot roast.  I am okay with those.  The other day I actually bought a pork roast, and I had no idea what to do with it?  I was thinking that pulled pork sandwiches would be good and that I wanted to use the crock pot.  I went to my 'go-to' recipe site online allrecipes.com  I love that site.  I put in pork roast and found several ideas, but the easiest was this, put your pork roast in your crock pot and then pour in a can of root beer.  Cook on low all day, then take out and shred.  Put on a bun and top with your favorite BBQ sauce.  It was so easy, and so good!  So today I recommend the root beer pork roast crock pot recipe :)  It doesn't get any easier than that!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wait. Wait - this doesn't sound nearly as appealing without the photo :) Where's your normal picture of the crockpot and the cans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Rachael, sorry, but just imagine a can of rootbeer and my lovely 16 year old crock pot :)

    ReplyDelete