Sunday, December 16, 2012

Daily December 16--Meatloaf

I think meatloaf gets a bad wrap.  I personally love meatloaf and always have, but that is probably because I have only had my mom's meatloaf, and it is wonderful!  This past week we had a crowd for dinner one night (10) and I whipped up my mom's meatloaf, and the plate was (practically) licked clean.  Ben said, "That was really good.  We haven't had that in a while.  You need to make it more often."  Yes, I think I do.  So here is my mom's wonderfully magnificent meatloaf.  Give it a try, you will love it!

Mix together:
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup ketchup
-Stir in 1 pkg onion soup mix
-Stir in
2 lbs hamburger
1 1/2 cups oats ( I use the quick oats, but regular work also)

Mix above well together--might have to use your hands to get it really mixed well.

Place in loaf pan.

Bake 350 for 1 hour, then take out dump grease if any and cover with brown sugar and ketchup glaze*
Bake 15 more minutes, take out and cool 5 minutes, then eat!

*my mom has no recipe for this glaze--I use about 1/3 cup brown sugar and just squirt a bunch of ketchup over it.  It should be pretty thick, and it tastes divine!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment