Sunday, December 9, 2012

Daily December 9--Sunday treats

 A very important tradition at our house is Sunday night treats.  We don't usually have desserts most days, but Sundays is the exception.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but is has to be a good, yummy treat!  

Today we made chocolate chip cookies.

Mr J was my helper and normally he does not sit on the counter top, but he just needed to today to get those cookies out


I think if I had to choose one favorite treat it would be chewy, soft, classic chocolate chip cookies and the cookie dough.  So a lover of cookie dough ever since I can remember, and I think my kids inherited that love from me too.

Here is our current favorite (it changes every once in a while) chocolate chip cookie recipe. . .

1 cup butter, soft
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbl vanilla extract
3 cups flour
2 tes baking soda
3/4 tes kosher salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars and then add in eggs and vanilla.  Mix on high for 4 minutes, scraping down bowl if necessary.  Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Drop by heaping spoonfuls on baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes (we like our cookies soft and almost underdone :)  enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment