Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's up Wednesday--snow and pancake edition

So we had another snow day this week.  Luckily this snow was good snowman snow.

And good tunnel making snow.

Peek-a-boo!

And because it looked like this outside the kitchen windows this morning. . .

We made these to warm us up--mini chocolate chip pancakes.  Yes, it is kind of like having cookies for breakfast, but on a special snow day I think that is okay, and I used half whole wheat flour, so they were a little better for breakfast :)

Mini chocolate chip pancakes

2 1/2 cups flour (I used half whole wheat)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 Tbl. baking powder
1/2 tes. salt

1 3/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup packed brown sugar

In a large bowl combine flour, chocolate chips, baking powder and salt.  In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, oil, and brown sugar.  Add to flour mixture and stir until just moistened--batter may be lumpy.  Pour by 1/4 cup onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles begin to burst.  Turn and continue to cook about a minute more or until golden brown.  

Some other yummy things we have made this week. . .

Creamy Swiss cheese bake served over rice--I am not a Swiss cheese fan, but these were really good!

Skillet creamy mac and cheese--move over Kraft, this is to die for, even adults love it :)

Delicious Greek Pastitsio-- I was kind of leery when I first made this last month, but everyone in my family loved it which is saying a lot to please 2 adults, 2 teenage girls, and 2 kids.  So it made the dinner rotation again this month, and will probably next month and the next and. . .

Slow Cooker Italian Beef has already been in my monthly rotation for the last several months.  It is to.die.for.  We had my dad over this past week when we had it, and he has called me twice since to tell me how good it was and how much he liked it.  Made my day.  My dad is awesome, and so is this recipe.  So easy and done in the crock pot, so I love it.  Please make it soon.  You will be happy you did.  Serve them on crusty buns with Monterey Jack cheese--oh my.

Crispy Southwest chicken wraps is another repeat performance at our house.   Yummy! 

What yummy things are you having at your house?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! More good dinners to try - thank you for the post. And I love the snowmen - they made my kids laugh.

    ReplyDelete