Monday, October 28, 2013

2013 Blue Jeans Week 43

Super fun week with a big birthday, a Broadway show, and fun Halloween activities.  Here is a look at our week. . .
Sunday dinner prep--Ben and the girls are making twice baked potatoes from The Pioneer Woman cookbook--so yum!

One thing my kids love to do?  Read cookbook and mark recipes to make.  Miss E and Mr J spent some time marking up a new cookbook today.

My Dad's birthday and Ben's birthdays are close, so we celebrate together.  My Dad gets a banana cream pie for his birthday cake, and Ben gets a coconut cream pie--both made from scratch from their cookie pie crusts, homemade pudding, to their real whipped cream--so yum!  I make them about 3 times a year--Father's Day, their birthdays, and on Thanksgiving.

Ben's official 40th birthday!!!  40 used to sound really old, but not so much anymore :)  What a goofy look Miss O has . . .but what lucky kids they are to have such an awesome dad!

Our fall house picture.  Love all the pumpkins and my mums by the front door.

Went to the big city with my mom, Miss E and Mr J to see the Broadway musical Wicked which I love!  Ben, Miss A, Miss O, and I had seen it a few years ago, and this time around it was these kids' turn.  I loved it just as much the 2nd time, and these three all loved it too!  So fun to get dressed up and go to a show!

Mr J was in charge of cleaning the upstairs bathroom.  Loved how he was cleaning the shower.  He did a good job!

Church Halloween party tonight--one of the games was "Donuts on a string" and you see who could eat the donut first without using their hands--Ben, Miss E, and Mr J had some fun doing that.  Ben won :)

Got pumpkins carved this weekend.  In order from left to right--Miss E's, Miss A's hunger games mockingjay, Mr J's, and Miss O's.  

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great week!

I am linking up with The Mom Creative.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun week! I'm going to be sad to see October go with so many great fall pictures. Wonderful pumpkins. We can't carve ours until tomorrow. Thank goodness the kids have a min day and extra time. I would love to see Wicked especially this time of year. I'll have to remember that for next year and find a place its playing nearby. Have a great Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Wicked SO GOOD!?!
    I saw it for the 1st time this year and just loved it.

    Those pies are making my mouth water.
    They look so delicious.

    Those are some great carved pumpkins.
    I especially like the Hunger Games one. :)

    Also, what a fun Halloween pillowcase behind Mr. J in the cookbook pic!
    Have a great week & Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete