Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What's up Wednesday--BBQ meatballs

 This is not the original recipe I meant to share today.  I was going to share some white chocolate and cinnamon chip cookies with you that have quickly become our family's favorite, but as I was going through my recipes I found this recipe that I thought I had lost.  Mr J made it over the summer, and I meant to share it a long time ago, but somehow lost the recipe.  I was so excited when I found it today because I have used this recipe for years and years and absolutely love it!  It is super easy, as evidenced by the fact my 8 year old son made it for dinner, but it is really, really good.  You can make your own meatballs or use frozen ones.  We usually just buy a big bag of frozen meatballs from Costco, and then we are good to go.


BBQ Meatball Sauce

Mix together
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbl brown sugar, packed
2 Tbl vinegar
2 Tbl soy sauce

Place frozen or cooked meatballs in a large pot.  Cover with sauce.  Cook covered on low for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.  Serve over rice or noodles.  *this is enough for about 20-25 meatballs, if you are doing more, then double the sauce, or double it if you like/want more sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment