Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's up Wednesday--White chocolate and cinnamon chip cookies

Have you heard the buzz about these cinnamon chips?  I think they have been around a while, but lately they have become the "new thing."  I saw a recipe for them over here at Cutler's Cookies which is a site you should check out.  Yummy, yummy cookies and other treats they have there.  So I have made these about 3 times since I found the recipe.  They freeze really well.  The other day I was needing to make some cookies (yes needing), and I asked my 11-year-old Miss E what kind of cookies she wanted.  What were her favorite?  Her answer--these!  So they are a big hit at our house.  I have seen some comments that these cinnamon chips are hard to find, but I live in a very small town and have one grocery store, and my store had them.  I was very excited.  I stocked up especially since the Hershey's brand chips were on sale $1.98 a bag!  Can't beat that.  Hope you can find them where you are!  Enjoy!


White Chocolate and Cinnamon Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, soft
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tes vanilla
2 eggs
1 tes salt
1/2 tes baking powder
1/2 tes baking soda
3 1/4 cups flour
1 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup white chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars.  Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix well, then stir in chips.  Scoop onto cookie sheets and bake 350 for about 10 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment