Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's up Wednesday--mini banana chocolate chip muffins

I think one of my favorite cooking tools I have is my mini muffin pan.  I think I use it about 100 times more than my regular muffin pans.  We just love mini muffins, and when I use the mini muffin pan I have to use the mini chocolate chips, and what is not to love about those?  This recipe is my little boy's favorite!  Banana chocolate chip muffins are his love--along with trains and his mom :)  So this is one of our top banana recipes besides my great grandma's banana bread, baked banana oatmeal, and these to.die.for banana bars with browned butter frosting--oh my.  We love bananas here!  Enjoy!


Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tes baking powder
1/4 tes salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1 large egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sour cream (light works fine)
2 tes vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350.  Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray or use mini muffin liners.  In a mixing bowl combine the mashed banana, egg, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla, and milk.  Mix well.  Add in dry ingredients but do not over mix.  Stir in mini chocolate chips.  Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full.  Bake 12-15 minutes.  Enjoy!  If there are any left over, these freeze well.  I usually double the recipe so we have some left over for breakfast.  I have substituted 1/2 whole wheat flour and they turn out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment