Friday, November 15, 2013

Thankful #2

Continuing the November Friday thankful posts, this is what I am thankful for this week . . .

1.  Love
So I was working at the kids' elementary school this week, and the local florist came to the door with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and then she said, "And I have 42 balloons to bring in too."  42?!!? Seriously??!!  It was one of the teacher's 42nd anniversary, and her husband had bought the flowers, the one big pink "Happy Anniversary" balloon and then 41 other balloons.  On those 41 other balloons he had written on every single one--things like "beautiful," "gorgeous," "super wife," "special lady" "my honey"--41 different things.  I was so impressed.  It thought it was so sweet.  I am thankful for love--true love, that endures--42 years (we are coming up on 18, and I am thankful for that).  I thought that was the sweetest thing.


2.  Sister missionaries
We have had sister missionaries in our area from our Church for the last year or so, and we love them!  I cannot express what a wonderful influence they have been on my girls.  I thank the Lord often for sending sisters to our area.  One of these cute girls was leaving this week and another coming in, so we got a good-bye picture.  So thankful for these ladies that sacrifice to serve.  

3.  Good books and kids that love to read 
Miss E was so excited to get this new book.  It is a series our whole family has read and loves.  I am so thankful for good books and kids who love to read!!!  (love her eyes in this picture, too!)

4.  Kids that do their homework
This may seem like a small thing, but it really isn't.  My kids are very good at getting their homework done without being told or nagged (90% of the time :).  That is a blessing and something I am thankful for--hard working kids that do their homework!

5.  My bed and pillows
I just love my bed and my pillows.  We have our Thanksgiving pillowcases on now, and at night I just can't wait to go to bed :)  So thankful for a nice, warm, comfy bed and perfect pillows!

So much to be thankful for!!!  Count your blessing!!

2 comments:

  1. I have that book on my to read list! It may be awhile before our libraries have it...I'll have to check again. Such a great series, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, is makes me think of Elder Bednar's talk "Windows of Heaven" when he says "A grateful person is rich in contentment. An ungrateful person suffers in the poverty of endless discontentment."

    You are rich in contentment!

    ReplyDelete