Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What's up Wednesday--crock pot beef stroganoff


In 2011 my mom and her two sisters decided to collect my DeeDee's (their mom's) recipes and put them into a family cookbook.  They also included some of their personal favorite recipes in the book.  It is a treasure, and I am so very grateful for my aunts and my mom who took all the time and put it together.  My DeeDee makes some amazing things, and I am so thankful we have her recipes in one place!  The picture on the cover is my DeeDee with her 3 girls--my two aunts, and my mom on the far right.  
Inside this cookbook my family found a new favorite from one of my aunts--her crock pot beef stroganoff.  It is so much a favorite that when I asked Mr J what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he requested this.  It is soooooooooo easy!  and so delicious!  I was very happy with his request, and we all enjoyed his birthday dinner.  I hope you enjoy this family favorite.

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

In your crock pot mix

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can French onion soup

then add 2 lbs beef stew meat. Stir to get the meat covered by the soup.

Cover and cook on low about 6-8 hours or until meet is tender and cooked through.  Serve over egg noodles, pasta, or rice topped with sour cream.

Yes, it is that easy, and so yum!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment