Saturday, December 5, 2015

2015 Daily December 5--Christmas books

A tradition we started a few years ago to make sure and utilize our many Christmas books is we try to read one each night of December.  I have the kids each pick six of their favorites.  In some years I have wrapped them up and put numbers on them and other years I just stick them in a basket by the tree, and the kids choose one.  This year Mr. J my 10-year-old asked if they could be wrapped because he said that was his favorite part :)  So this is the stack they chose for this December, and this was right before I started to wrap them.  I didn't number them.  I just wrapped them and then the kids get to choose which one they want to open that night.  Every year I try to ask my kids what they like about how we celebrate--what they don't like.  One thing everyone always brings up that they like is reading by the Christmas tree.  This forces us to do it--having these books out and wrapped--and we love it.  Some nights can be pretty late with Christmas programs and ball games, but we still read one.  It gives us some quiet family time at the end of the day to relax and unwind.  



No comments:

Post a Comment