Wednesday, December 9, 2015

2015 Daily December 9--addiction recipe

I am pretty sure I have shared this recipe before, but it is definitely worth repeating.  I make it a lot this time of year.  It is called Addiction.  It makes a ton, so it is great when you have a group over--like the whole high school band or the middle school basketball team.  I send it to work with Ben and on field trips with the kids to share.  Everyone loves it.
It comes together really quickly and really is addictive.  Some of the band kids call it "Chex crack" when I make it for them.  Enjoy!


Addiction

3 sticks butter or 1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups corn syrup
1 large box Rice Chex type cereal
1 large box Golden Grahams type cereal
4 cups shredded coconut
3 cups sliced almonds

1.  Mix cereals, coconut and almonds in a large bowl--I usually have to divide it into 2 large bowls.  
2.  Melt butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a large pot--I use my big stock pot because it really boils up high when it boils.  Bring this to a hard boil and hard boil for 3 minutes.
3.  Pour sugar mix over cereal and mix well
4.  Put on wax paper to cool and then serve

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment