Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What's up Wednesday--brownie edition

I love brownies.  So does Ben.  Brownies with ice cream is about our favorite dessert.  Now, I would admit that most things are so much better made from scratch.  Most things.  I used to make brownies from scratch, but then I found this mix (I get it at Costco). . .
Ghirardelli's Triple Chocolate Brownie mix.  I don't think I could make a brownie from scratch this good, and I haven't, and I am very content with buying a box once a month at Costco, and so is my family, and we all lived happily ever after.  So yum!  The end.

Other cooking this week . . .

We had our annual Green feast for St. Patrick's day--green mashed potatoes, green jello, green salad, broccoli, green punch, green cake with green frosting, and we normally have green gravy, but not this year.  Ben requested that we not have green gravy because turning the brown gravy green usually ends up with a really unappetizing gross green/brown, so we had green everything but the gravy.  

Other yummy things. . .

Pineapple salsa chicken--one of those amazingly easy dump in the crock pot in the morning using frozen chicken, no less, and you have divine to take out of the crock pot at dinner.  Love those kind of meals!

One pot southwest chicken and rice is also great.  I love one pot recipes too.  My kids actually love them more because it means less dishes for them to wash :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I went "all out" this year and made green pancakes. Ha ha ha ha! Yes, that is all out for us. I would have to agree with Ben on the gravy. Good call! Oh, and my boys had the same shirt at Mr J! :) They just out grew them this year...

    ReplyDelete