Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What's up Wednesday--cookie dough brownies

This is my favorite brownie recipe in the whole world.  I got the recipe in 2002 from a church friend.  She brought them as a birthday treat to church in the morning, and I told her I had to have the recipe after I ate half the pan.  She e-mailed me the recipe that afternoon, and I made them that night.  And we all lived happily ever after--or at least I did knowing that this recipe existed in the world.  
Cookie Dough Brownies

Brownie layer
2 cups sugar
 1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tes salt
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
2 tes vanilla

In a mixing bowl combine the first 4 ingredients.  Add the next 3 ingredients and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.  Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Cool Completely!

Dough layer
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 Tab milk
1 tes vanilla
1 cup flour

For dough layer, cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl.  Add in milk and vanilla and mix well.  Beat in flour.  Spread over the completely cooled brownies and chill until firm--about an hour.

Glaze
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tbl. shortening

For glaze, melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minutes then stir until completely melted.  Spread over filling and chill until firm.  

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment