Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's up Wednesday--crock pot potato soup

I made this soup for the first time last week, and it was soooo good!  For lunch the next day I was lamenting there were no leftovers because I wanted some more!!!  I found it on the web here a few months ago and finally got around to making it.  I wish I had made it sooner!  Easy crock pot recipes are my favorite, and this is definitely joining our family's lists of favorites!  We had company over for dinner when I made it, and one of our guests said it tasted like Panera Bread's baked potato soup.  Yum!
Crock Pot Potato Soup

10 red potatoes, washed and cubed
1 large onion, diced and sauted in butter
5 cups water
3 Tbsp chicken bouillon
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
2 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 package or real bacon bits
1 cup half and half
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup lights sour cream
1/4 cup chives or green onions, chopped fine

Place the first 9 ingredients in the crock pot.  Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  The potatoes should be tender.  Stir in half and half, cheese, sour cream, and green onions.  Heat through and serve.

Yum!  Perfect for a cold winter evening meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment