Wednesday, December 21, 2016

2016 Daily December 21--ugly Christmas sweaters

So this year was the year of the ugly Christmas sweaters at our house.  Ben needed to have one for work, and for our church Christmas party you were supposed to wear one, so we decided to make our own.  I went to a thrift store and got about 9 sweaters for $1, so you couldn't beat the price!  Then I just picked up some decor things at Wal-mart.  This is what we came up with. . . 
This is my sweater.  I must freely admit that I did not make it, though.  Miss O made mine for me because I just never got around to doing it, but I LOVE what she did!

This is Ben's which I must say was pretty awesome!  He even sewed jingle bells on the bottom so you knew snowmen Superman and Batman were coming.  Needless to say his co-workers were very impressed when he wore this to work!!!  

This is Miss E's which I was so impressed with her Santa sleigh and reindeer.  She just cute those out of felt freehand.  One of Ben's co-workers didn't have an ugly sweater to wear, so I offered one of our extras.  He chose to wear Miss E's and it was a big hit.

This is Miss O's.  Love her earth!

This was Mr J's very ugly sweater :)  Loved his Christmas tree.  Next year we need to get a strand of battery operated lights to put in it.

And this was Miss A's.  She did not make this one, but Ben made it for her since she was going and was just getting home right before the party so she wouldn't have time to make one.  He figured she could wear it next Christmas on campus and fit right in :)  


And here we all are--ugly Christmas sweaters and all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment