Monday, April 29, 2013

2013 Blue Jeans Week 17

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity.  My Grandpa--Grum passed away, I flew out for the funeral and spent a week with my family there.  I got home and hit the ground running with all our activities here.  I got home Wednesday night, and it is Monday morning and I still haven't had time to unpack my bags yet. . . crazy.  I posted some pictures from the beautiful and wonderful and sad and happy funeral week in the previous post.  Here is a look at this past week. . .
My Grandma DeeDee is an amazing cook and baker.  Cookies are her speciality.  We got to make some cookies together while I was there.  It was so wonderful to be with her.

Almost all of Ben's family lives near my grandparents, and they all got together the Monday night I was there.    That day was Earth Day, so my sister-in-law had a fun activity where we were divided into teams and each team had a bag of recycled materials to make a sculpture out of.  This was my group's bus/train/covered wagon thing :)  lost of fun and great to see all the family on that side on my short trip.

I had the opportunity to attend the temple while I was there.  Always such a calming, peaceful, and strengthening experience and one that helps you reassess your priorities.  A wonderful experience.

And darn, we had to say good-bye.  Sure love this DeeDee of mine.  She is amazing and going through such a hard time now since losing my Grandpa, but she is so strong, has great faith, and continually amazes us!  Sure love you DeeDee!  I miss you!!! 


So I got home late Wednesday night--all the kids were in bed.  It was fun to wake them up the next morning and see their eyes light up as they saw it was me waking them up.  Made my day.  We drove an hour to Miss A's track meet that first day I was back.  She did awesome.  We are good cheerleaders :)

This weekend was our county's youth author's celebration.  We always have 2 children's authors/illustrators come and visit with the kids and do workshops.  This is Miss E with Susan Stevens Crummel.  She and her sister Janet Stevens have done some cute picture books together.  

Miss O with author Susan Campbell Bartoletti.  If you haven't read her book The Boy who Dared you need to.  An amazing true story of boys in Germany that tried to stand up to Hitler.  Her presentations about that book and the one above were so inspiring!

Miss A had a church formal dance.  She looked so pretty in her green dress!  She had a great time!

It was a busy weekend for Miss A--her formal and then state music competition.  She and one other boy were the only ones to qualify for state in solos.  Her madrigal group and women's ensemble group also qualified.  They all did amazing!  

So, we have 3 week of school left, and they are just crazy busy with track meets, field trips, major reports due, field days, and such.  I will be very happy and ready for a really long nap at the end of those 3 weeks!!!

Thanks for visiting.

I am linking up with Kleinworth co and The Mom Creative.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the end of school. Can't wait until it's all over. Love that green dress of your daughters--looks so nice on her and congrats to her on her on making state in solo. She is amazing. I know it was a sad time for you with your grandpa's passing but I'm glad you got to spend time with his family.

    ReplyDelete