Monday, April 1, 2013

2013 Blue Jeans Week 13

Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.  Ours was great.  The winter weather at the beginning of the week left us, and we were sunny and 70 for our Saturday Easter Egg hunt.  Crazy!  Here is a look at our week. . .
Sunday:  Church was canceled because we got quite a snow storm last night.  My kids donned their boots to write "BYU" in the driveway :)

Mr J and Ben are practicing their duet for their upcoming piano recital.  April is piano recital and competition month, so they are getting ready.

Snow still around, and this was been the view from our back door for the last few days.  Love that I have little (and not so little) people in my house who fill those boots!

Mr J and Miss E and their typical after school snacks--pretzels and gold fish and juice.  Miss E enjoys hers while reading Anne of Green Gables.  Love that book!  What classic!

My cinnamon roll baking marathon day.  More about that here.

Every year since we moved to the country and had room, we have hosted an Easter Egg hunt and potluck lunch the Saturday before Easter.  We love it!  The kids are playing the Easter version of 'duck,duck, goose' which we call "bunny, bunny, hop" while the eggs are being hidden.

The kids at our egg hunt.  The snow from earlier is all gone, and it was beautiful and sunny!  So fun!  I have pictures like this when Mr J was just a year old.  Man how time flies!

Hope you all had a wonderful week!  Thanks for stopping by.

I am linking up with Kleinworth Co and The Mom Creative.

7 comments:

  1. Great week! The cinnamon rolls sound delicious! Glad you have a nice holiday!
    Thanks for linking up with Gina and me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I can't even imagine all that snow at my doorstep this time of year. We did have rain and a really impressive lightening show over the weekend though. Sounds like a fabulous egg hunt with a great group of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Easter tradition to do with neighbors. And I'm checking out your cinnamon roll post. I made cinnamon rolls this year myself. I'm interested to see how you do it. And for Day in the Life I did a shoe photo on the porch too. I love capturing details like that. I also like seeing how other people capture those daily details because it helps me appreciate mine - if that makes sense. Sometimes when I do it so often in my own life, it starts feeling redundant or un-interesting and seeing others do it and thinking how cool it is, gives me perspective. So, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just left you a nice long comment. Hopefully, it will show up later and you got it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ the picture you took while making cinnamon rolls & your super cute apron. I need to do more pics like that of my day-to-day activities.

    That's CRAZY you started the week w/ church being cancelled b/c of snow and then having it warm & sunny for the Easter egg hunt. I guess it's good that it wasn't the other way around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that crazy how you get a snow storm early in the week, then short sleeves for the Easter egg hunt?!?! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to think I'm strange, but I love the little post-it notes behind you in your kitchen. For some reason, I have memories of you with little notes around your room to remind you of quotes or things to do. That was a sweet little reminder of you :)

    ReplyDelete