Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's up Wednesday--Oreo Salad edition

My very dear friend Angie made this Oreo salad for our Easter potluck lunch.  I had to use every ounce of will power I had not to lick the bowl in front of my company.  It is that good.  It is called a salad, but it is mainly a dessert, but, man, no matter what you call it, it is good!  I meant to have a bigger bowl to show you a picture of, but my kids devoured it when I made it, and I barely saved this little bit to snap a picture.  So good!  It calls for buttermilk, and I had the real stuff when I made this, but Angie always uses this. . .

Angie also makes hers the night before, but I tried to do that and when I went to get the bowl out of the fridge the next morning, 3/4 of the salad was gone, so beware. . . it disappears really fast!

Oreo Salad

1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1 cup buttermilk
 Beat together with a whisk and let set a few minutes until soft set.

Fold in:
8 oz container of Cool Whip
1/2 package of Oreo cookies chopped into small pieces
15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained

Let set in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving (if you can keep your kids away from it)
Enjoy!

Some other yum we have had this week. . .

Make ahead unstuffed shells is a new recipe I tried for our Easter pot luck.  It was a big hit.  I have made it again since then, and everyone--even my non-pasta loving hubby--loved it.  My small town's one grocery store does not carry the Philadelphia Italian Herb cooking cream, so both times I have made it I have just used softened cream cheese, and it is really good!  If you live in a place big enough that your grocery store actually carries the cooking cream, consider yourself very luck and make it with that :)  we we love it our way too.

I made my easiest roast ever which is a staple at my house.  I keep those 3 cans of soup constantly stocked in my cupboards.  So easy and so yum!  

Another staple and favorite at our house is this slow cooker Italian beef for sandwiches.  It makes your house smell so good and tastes even better!  Enjoy!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment