Friday, April 26, 2013

Grum's funeral

Wow.  What a week!  It was wonderful, sad, exhausting, exciting, full of laughter and full of tears.  Here is a look at it. . .
I flew on a plane by myself.  I haven't been on a plane in over 7 years, and I haven't flown by myself since college.  It was fun.

But the plane ride was a means to an end to get me to this wonderful lady--my grandma DeeDee.  

This is Grum's Santa suit.  Grum wanted his 18 grandkids (who were all at the funeral) to sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" because Grum and DeeDee started a sub for Santa years ago and blessed so many family's lives.  Grum always was Santa and everyone else carried in the presents and cookies and such, and as they came in they always sang, "We wish you a Merry Christmas."  What an amazing man!

These are my other set of grandparents.  I am so lucky to have them!

All my siblings were there.  It was great to be together!

My aunt's friend made these roses for the funeral.  They were amazing!

Here is a close up.  She did them with a laser???  So cool!

Elder Russell M. Ballard from our church was a great friend of Grum's.  He spoke at his funeral and after I had the chance to meet him and talk and, of course, get a picture.  He is an amazing man.

My uncles, dad, and cousins as pallbearers at the cemetery.

A beautiful shot at the cemetery.  My grandpa was in the air force at the end of WWII, so they had a gun salute for him and a touching military ceremony for him at the cemetery.

My family.

Also my family--the 18 cousins/grandkids, some spouses and some of the 20 great-grandkids.  I know Grum was happy with the day and was smiling down on us.  We love you and miss you like crazy Grum!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and beautiful memories.... thinking of you and your family... so hard to say Good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family...with gram.
    Long time passed from 1996 when I met him.
    He was a presence and good gram.

    I found some old friends in your cousin's photo.
    It remind me of my USA stay !!!
    Say Hello to your siblings :-)

    ReplyDelete