Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday book review--Josi Kilpack


If you follow my blog at all you will probably know that I love books, I love to read, and that I got my degree in English/Humanities from BYU.  Reading is a big part of my life and my family's.  Each year I make it a goal to read as many books as I will have candles on my birthday cake that year.  Some years I go way over, and some years I barely make it.  I like to read all kinds of books.  I do have a book blog that I used to keep up :)  but not anymore.   It has lots of summaries of past books I have read on that blog, so if you are looking for a good book, check it out.  Keeping up two blogs was just a little too much with my life and my family right now, so on Fridays I will occasionally review some books I have read.  The series above is one a friend introduced me to (thanks Heather!) and I wasn't sure it would be my thing.  I have never really been a big mystery fan, but she said try it, so I did.  I loved it!  These are culinary mysteries by Josi Kilpack.  They follow busybody, mother of 2 grown children, widowed, great cook, and amateur sleuth Sadie Hoffmiller as she tries to figure out mysteries that seem to just fall into her lap.  She will make brownies to take to a neighbor in a chapter, and then at the end of that chapter you get the recipe for the brownies.  I have made several of her recipes, and they are very good.  I got my sister hooked on them, and these books are hers.  This picture is missing the first two books Lemon Tart and English Trifle and the most recently published Baked Alaska.   For a good read and some good recipes, check these books out!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I could handle these right now. Greg and I are on a "no sugar" diet for the month of April - going well. But the cover alone is making my mouth water...

    ReplyDelete