Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Daily December 21: A long Winter's nap

You know the line in The Night Before Christmas where it says, "had just settled down for a long winter's nap"?  That is so me right now.  By the way, Mary Engelbreit's version of that is my favorite.  I love her stuff.  So, back to the long winter's nap.  I wrapped presents for 3 full hours!!!  3 hours!  Normally Ben and I do this together, but time was getting away from us, and we did not want to be up until midnight Christmas Eve, so I did it--all by myself.  I so deserve a long winter's nap for that!  Then I did 7 loads of laundry, including all the sheets--that so definitely deserves a longer winter's nap, and then we made it through the preparations and hoop jumping of a school Christmas program, and that must constitute the longest winter's nap.  This was all in the same day.  Not that I am complaining.  I love this season.  I love the activities, sights, sounds and colors, and especially the treats, but it really does make me tired :)  This in no way suggests that I am getting old-er, it can't, because I'm not.  That just doesn't happen. 

Happy December 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment