Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Daily December 28: My gift to Ben

Today my sweetie and I are celebrating our sweet 16.  16 years of marriage.  16 years of love, fun, sweat, tears, laughter, and everything in between.  They have been the 16 best years of my life, and I wouldn't exchange them for anything.  I am looking forward to another 50 plus to come :)  Sure love you sweetie!

For Christmas I wanted to do something extra special for Ben.  My dad is a professional artist and a retired college art professor.  He does private commissions all the time, but he has never done my kids, so for Christmas this year I commissioned my Dad to draw my kids as my Christmas present for Ben.  I loved the way they turned out!  I cried when I saw them.  They are amazing!!!  The below pictures do not do them justice.  I just took them before they were matted and framed with my point and shoot, but you get the general idea and can see how good they are.

Mr J

Miss O

Miss E--love how she has her head cocked

Miss A

My Dad took pictures of the kids and then drew from the pictures he took.  He only works off his own photos that he takes.  My dad is amazing.  Needless to say Ben loved them.  We are excited to hang and display them at home.  Of my 16 years of wedded bliss, these 4 kids are my greatest treasures.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. What a treasure! Yes - agree with you that they must be hung up in the house in a permanent spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! Ok, disregard my previous comment asking where you got these done. I'm catching up on your blog, but not in chronological order! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete