Thursday, December 22, 2011

Daily December 22

So many things happening this week before the biggest thing that happens--Christmas!  Where has the year gone?  I remember 2 years ago my neighbor saying she took her tree down right after Christmas.  I commented that it always made me sort of sad to do that, but she said, "Oh, don't worry in just a minute you will put it back up again."  It does seem like that--just a minute ago I took it down last year, now a minute later I am putting it back up.

So the kids have been super busy.  Miss O got to go to the big city for a field trip for kids who got good grades.  They got to go ice skating--first time ever for Miss O, go to a cool science museum, and see a film at the IMAX.  Awesome day.  Then she had a major English assignment due and math test.

Miss A has a test every day this week.  I didn't think that was a very nice Christmas present from her teachers.  She also started driving lessons with Grandpa because she will be 14 this week and can get her learner's driving permit!!!! Ah!  My daughter is learning to drive.  I definitely feel old.

Mr J had his school Christmas program and got to go on the Polar Express today at school--with hot chocolate and a candy cane to stir it while they watched the movie.  Love it.  He has his class Christmas party and gift exchange which he is totally excited about.

Miss E also had her Christmas program.  She got to play the alto recorder and was so excited about it.  Her class sang "Do you hear what I hear" which is one of my favorite Christmas carols.  She is super ready for Christmas. 

The kids are always doing something fun.  Hope your next few days are really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment