Thursday, December 12, 2013

2013 Daily December 12--nativity display

One of the highlights of our Christmas season is our church congregation (our stake center) in the big city does a huge nativity display.  This year was their 6th year, and it just keeps getting better!  They have hundreds and hundreds of different nativities on display plus beautiful music and concerts, a live nativity outside, and yummy refreshments :)  and it is all free.  Mr J is all about the cookies.  When we asked him what his favorite nativity was he said, "the pink peppermint cookies."  Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but anyway.  It is a drive up for us, but we leave right after school and make it up there by dinner. Go out to eat, and then go enjoy one of the concerts and the displays.  It is a wonderful evening together.  I wanted to share some of my favorites.  Enjoy!
The decorations are just beautiful!  It is like 'instant Christmas spirit" when you walk in. They go to so much work!  It is amazing!

I love, love, love Fisher Price Little People.  (What I want for Christmas is the Snow White and Seven dwarfs set :) but anyway, I loved this set.  Miss A got this set only smaller (less buildings, people and animals) when she was a little girl.  She sets it up in her bedroom every year.  

The kids enjoyed looking at all the different kinds.  They focused on South American sets in this area.

I think most of these were from Peru and Columbia. So many cool designs!


Loved this one.

And this Eskimo one was too cute!  Love all the huskies around it and the igloo.

They also focused on handmade sets.  I thought these block ones were cute, and I loved the Christmas tree skirt.  I was seriously tempted to see if I could just borrow it for a few weeks and give it back after Christmas :)

This one was probably the most unique.  Handmade from car parts.  Love the elephant.

If you ever get a chance to go to a nativity display, go!  It is wonderful and so brings to focus the real meaning of Christmas which is Christ.  I am so grateful for our Saviour Jesus Christ and his love for me and for everyone no matter who they are or where they are.  It is so important to keep Christ in Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment