Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013 Daily December 4--highlight of Thanksgiving Oreo salad

So do you want to know what the first thing gone--like the bowl was scrapped clean gone--at our Thanksgiving feast?  Oreo salad.  So yum!  I posted it a while ago, but wanted to share again because it is so good!  The fact that of all the amazingly delicious stuff we had this was gone first says a lot!  
My very dear friend Angie made this Oreo salad for our Easter potluck lunch this year.  I had to use every ounce of will power I had not to lick the bowl in front of my company.  It is that good.  It is called a salad, but it is mainly a dessert, but, man, no matter what you call it, it is good!  I meant to have a bigger bowl to show you a picture of, but my kids devoured it when I made it, and I barely saved this little bit to snap a picture.  So good!  It calls for buttermilk, and I had the real stuff when I made this, but Angie always uses this. . .

Angie also makes hers the night before, but I tried to do that and when I went to get the bowl out of the fridge the next morning, 3/4 of the salad was gone, so beware. . . it disappears really fast!

Oreo Salad

1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1 cup buttermilk
 Beat together with a whisk and let set a few minutes until soft set.

Fold in:
8 oz container of Cool Whip
1/2 package of Oreo cookies chopped into small pieces
15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained

Let set in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving (if you can keep your kids away from it)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment