Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2013 Daily Decemeber 11--an addictive snack recipe

I originally saw this recipe here and thought I would make it for a church activity.  Oh. my.  It lives up to its name--addiction.  I had several requests for the recipe after that.  Last night I made it for Ben's work to celebrate their move to their brand new building!  Yeah!  I am glad I had to give it away because I seriously could have eat all of it (and it makes a ton!) if I hadn't gotten it out of my house.  I am thinking I will make it to go on our neighbor Christmas goodies plates this year.  Enjoy!!!

Addiction

3 sticks butter (1 1/2 cups)
2 cups sugar
2 cups corn syrup

1 large box rice chex cereal
1 large box Golden Grahams cereal
4 cups coconut
3 cups sliced almonds

Mix cereals, coconut and almonds in a very large bowl--my largest bowl won't hold all of this, so I have to divide it into 2 large bowls--it makes a lot!

In a large sauce pan melt butter, sugar, and corn syrup.  Bring to a hard boil and boil for 3 full minutes.

Pour butter mix over cereal and mix well.

Pour mix on wax paper to cool, and sample and sample again :)
Sorry for how yellow this looks, but you can see how much it makes and how little hands like to sample it :)

  then put back into bowl to officially eat and share.  Enjoy!

1 comment: