Saturday, December 7, 2013

2013 Daily December 7--snowflakes

 Each year I keep a record of the activities we do on our Christmas countdown chain.  At the end of November Ben and I work together to make up the activities.  This year as we were going through the calendar and activities to decide what activity to put on each chain link I told him to write down "make snowflakes."  He didn't seem very impressed with that idea, but I told him the kids like it.
And they do.  Every year they love to make snowflakes. 

These are their creations from this year.  We have done them with tortillas in years past and then eaten them.  That was fun.  But normally we just use plain white paper.  I am always impressed with their creations.  I think it is important to remember that even the simplest things can be and are important--like taking a few minutes to make paper snowflakes around the tree together.

No comments:

Post a Comment